Friday, January 14, 2011

Cruelty Free Junk Food

I was reading VegNews.com (one of my favorite websites) and came across a few articles listing vegan destinations that will make my kids very happy:



Ice Cream!
On Wednesday, October 27, Seattle Weekly posted on its website the top five vegan ice creams in Seattle. The article displays that Seattle, which is known as a vegan-friendly city, has much to offer in way of vegan desserts. Featured in the top five vegan ice cream places were Healeo, a super-foods nutrition bar; D’Ambrosio, which makes its gelato fresh by hand each day; Bluebird Homemade Ice Cream and Tearoom, which made MSN’s the country’s top 10 ice cream shops; Full Tilt which is rapidly opening new locations throughout Seattle; and vegetarian restaurant Thrive, which boasts a 95 percent organic menu.

Doughnuts!
Seattle-based dairy-free doughnut shop Mighty-O Donuts is named one of the best in the country by Bon Appétit.

Fast Food!

http://www.vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=1016&catId=7  This one got me excited because I'm putting together a business plan for a new vegan fast food restaurant in Bellevue. I love to see that other people have already created something similar that's already working! Woo hoo! Success leaves clues...


I very rarely eat desserts anymore but it's great to know there are places I can go to indulge my sweet tooth.

Yummm...
Susan

No comments: