Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life is good


Even though I waffled back in forth, concerned about money and time, I bit the carrot, followed my heart and enrolled in a year long health coaching program at Institute For Integrative Nutrition (IIN). The program starts in March and a huge bonus of support is that my long-time friend will be going through the program, too. Ahh, the comfort of travelling down a new path with a friend. Love it!

Not sure what exactly I'm going to do after getting the certification or how it will help me launch the chain of veggie cafes I'm driven to pursue. However, given the fact that I can spend hours at a time watching programs, reading books-articles-blogs, pouring through recipes and listening to lectures on mind-body wellness and the direct connection between what we eat and how we feel, I think it's the right direction for me to venture. I'm nervous but excited!


 In the meantime, I'm working harder than ever at my Microsoft job, loving the help from my new team, and seeking ways to help my friends embrace "clean eating". Life is certainly a roller coaster and I have my share of ups and downs but I'm learning that it's usually because I'm stuck in the "how in the hell am I going to get everything done?" mind set. Once Ed and my favorite coach, Nancy Carlstrom, help me gain perspective, I feel much better. Sometimes it takes a nice glass of red wine, too. (grin)

Speaking of getting a new perspective, one of my favorite people to watch these days is Kris Carr. I was first introduced to her when she graced the cover of VegNews magazine last month. I love her attitude, the pink stripe in her hair, the words she chooses, the way she makes people feel good by just being in her presence. To put it simply, she rocks! Her fantabulous website is crazysexylife.com. The crazysexylife brand started with her documentary on PBS called crazysexycancer that chronicled her journey from being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer to becoming a self-proclaimed wellness junky. Her latest book, crazy sexy diet, is on the New York Times best seller list and is a top seller on Amazon. My copy should be arriving on Tuesday and I can't wait to tear through it!

I like the direction my life is heading and the people I'm meeting along the way. Thank you for being a special part of my life.

That's all for now. Peace out girl scout!

No comments: